Education & Help
Tips that could help boost your gas mileage
1 min read time
Proper vehicle maintenance helps extend the life of your vehicle and can also help achieve better fuel efficiency.
Follow this maintenance advice and other tips, and you might improve your fuel economy.
- Make sure your tires are properly inflated. Making sure your tire pressure isn't too low or too high can improve your fuel efficiency by up to 3.3%.
- Use the recommended grade of fresh motor oil. Quick Lane® offers high-quality oil and filter products from Omnicraft™ and Motorcraft®. Using the oil and filter that's right for your vehicle can help improve fuel efficiency by up to 2%.
- Get an engine tuneup. Making sure all systems are running properly can help improve fuel efficiency by up to 4%.
- Avoid aggressive driving. Constant speed changes and quick stops and starts waste a lot of fuel. Taking it easy behind the wheel can improve your gas mileage by as much as 33%.
- Remove excess weight. You can improve fuel efficiency by about 2% for every 100 pounds (approximately 45 kilograms) of weight you remove from your vehicle.
- Use cruise control. It's almost always more fuel-efficient to travel at a constant speed.
- Avoid idling. It's more fuel-efficient to turn off your engine when you're waiting in your vehicle.
- Don't speed. Gas mileage usually decreases rapidly at speeds above 60 mph (approximately 97 kph).