QUICK LANE BOWL
AGGIES OUTLAST FALCONS
The 2022 Quick Lane Bowl is in the books – with Quick Lane Tire & Auto Center proudly serving as the event’s title sponsor for the eighth time.
Though the New Mexico State Aggies dominated this year’s game from the opening kickoff, the Bowling Green State Falcons had a fourth quarter push that kept the outcome close. In the end, the Aggies held on to prevail 24-19.
As always, it was exciting to welcome great teams and fans to Ford Field in Detroit. We look forward to doing it all again in 2023!
QUICK LANE BOWL HISTORY
Proud to Host – Thrilled to Hoist
Since 2014, the highly anticipated Quick Lane Bowl has brought the excitement of the college football bowl season to host city Detroit.
Take a look at the past matchups and the teams that have hoisted the Quick Lane Bowl championship trophy in victory.
- 2022 | New Mexico State Aggies (24) vs. Bowling Green State Falcons (19)
- 2021 | Western Michican Broncos (52) vs. Nevada Wolf Pack (24)
- 2019 | Pittsburgh Panthers (34) vs. Eastern Michigan Eagles (30)
- 2018 | Minnesota Golden Gophers (34) vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets (10)
- 2017 | Duke Blue Devils (36) vs. Northern Illinois Huskies (14)
- 2016 | Boston College Eagles (36) vs. Maryland Terrapins (30)
- 2015 | Minnesota Golden Gophers (21) vs. Central Michigan Chippewas (14)
- 2014 | Rutgers Scarlet Knights (40) vs. North Carolina Tar Heels (21)
For more about the mission and history of the Quick Lane Bowl, read on.LEARN MORE
Getting our helping game on
There’s more to the Quick Lane Bowl than the competition we see on game day. Each year, those involved with this event also give back off the field in big ways that benefit the surrounding community.
Detroit Police Athletic League (PAL)
The Quick Lane Bowl proudly supports the Detroit Police Athletic League (PAL), outfitting young players with new helmets, pads and jerseys to help elevate and advance their own games. Look for players, coaches and members of the PAL program on the field during the national anthem at the Quick Lane Bowl as they form the tunnel for the teams taking the field.
Gleaners Community Food Bank
Prior to game day, the Quick Lane Bowl looks forward to partnering with Gleaners Community Food Bank for a fun and charitable special event. Students, athletes, coaches and staff from each of the participating schools traditionally join us at Gleaners Community Food Bank – bagging potatoes, apples and prepared snack bags to support school-based mobile pantries. This year, inclement weather led to an audible — and team participants instead prepped and folded plastic bags to help support Gleaners mail-in food and water distribution program.Learn more